13th Jackie O’s Anniversary Extravaganza
Our 13th Anniversary Extravaganza is less than one week away! We are gearing up for the festivities and want to inform you all about what to expect. First off, discounted hotel rooms are still available at the Fairfield Inn and Suites. To take advantage of this rate, please make reservations by January 1st, 2019, and mention JOB (Jackie O’s Beer) when calling.
Bottles sales will happen on Friday and Saturday at the Production Facility located at 25 Campbell St. We will be selling the 6 new Anniversary bottles from 11 am to 6 pm on Friday and 11 am until 4 pm on Saturday–based on availability, bottles can be purchased after those hours, in the Taproom. Other beers from throughout the year will be available for purchase in the taproom. We will be pouring the Anniversary beers at a draft station in the production facility, so you can enjoy them while you wait in line.
Our Public House & Taproom will open at 11 am on Friday and Saturday. Across our three locations, there will be 70 different beers on draft!
Here are some details about the Anniversary bottles:
- Bourbon Barrel Dark Apparition 12.8% abv: $11.99/12.7 oz bottle (1 case/person/day) 460 cases.
- Our signature Russian Imperial Stout, aged in bourbon barrels for one year. Heaven Hill and Buffalo Trace barrels created the bulk of this year’s blend. With big notes of almond, vanilla, and hints of toasted marshmallow. Year after year, Dark Apparition continues to surprise and inspire us. This batch is a touch sweeter with a bit more body and a comforting warmth.
- Vanilla & Coffee Bean Bourbon Barrel Dark Apparition 12.8% abv: $11.99/12.7 oz bottle (1 case/person/day) 460 cases.
- The same blend of barrels as the base BBDA. A small portion was conditioned on vanilla beans for five days and was then blended with Peruvian coffee infused BBDA. This year’s blend presents very coffee forward on the nose. The vanilla takes center stage on the palate. The blend of the base beer and the adjuncts take this beer to yet another level. The vanilla character makes this blend seem much sweeter and dessert-like. The best bottle of the release, in our humble opinion.
- Port Barrel Dark Apparition 10% abv: $11.99/12.7 oz bottle (6 bottles/person/day) 140 cases.
- Our signature Russian Imperial Stout, aged in port barrels for one year. We sourced some beautiful port barrels from Portugal. These barrels quietly rested for almost a year, lending intriguing depth and character. A rich nose of dark chocolate and vanilla is accompanied by a subtle and mature grape presence. The flavor provides hints of leather, tobacco, and chocolate covered blackberries.
- Spirit Beast 2019 12% abv: $11.99/12.7 oz bottle (6 bottles/person/day) 100 cases.
- Our annual blend with Local Cantina and Gallo’s Taproom, utilizing their single barrel bourbon selection barrels and some of our favorite barrels from the Jackie O’s barrel room. This year’s creation is a very balanced blend of multiple Imperial Stouts and bourbon barrels. A number of apple brandy barrels found their way into the mix. The big notes of chocolate, burnt sugar, almond, and spirit, make this one of the most balanced and layered Spirit Beast blends to date.
- Anything and Everything and Nothing At All 16% abv: $15.99/12.7 oz bottle (1 case/person/day) 300 cases.
- This huge Imperial Stout was aged for 18 months in cinnamon vanilla whiskey barrels. These unique barrels lent an incredible amount of adjunct character via the wood and the residual liquid in the barrels. We did not use any vanilla beans or cinnamon sticks in creating this beer. Finishing at an impressive 16% ABV, Anything and Everything and Nothing At All is the strongest beer we have ever made. This was a collaboration with our close friends at Cycle Brewing from St. Petersburg, FL.
- Oaky Golden Pucker 6% abv: $14.99/16.9 oz bottle (1 bottle/person/day) 35 cases.
- One of the rarer sours released from our unique brewpub sour program many years ago. After chasing its stunning character for 6 years, we have blended something we feel is worthy of the name, Oaky Golden Pucker. This 3-year oak aged sour blond ale, was conditioned on local Mars grapes. The aroma is full of bright lime rind, ripe strawberry, white grapes, and French oak. The flavor is full of vibrant tart peach, goose berry, and subtle minerality.
We are excited to host you all in Athens, for one of our favorite weekends of the year! Thank you for your support and encouragement. It means everything to us!