The Jackie O’s Imperial Scouts beer membership program began in 2020. The membership was created to allow inside access to those people who are avid fans of Jackie O’s as a brand and of the beer we produce.
When joining the membership, Scouts receive special perks that are specifically crafted to provide them with an enjoyable beer membership experience. Some of these benefits of our current membership include 6 different member-exclusive releases, exclusive first access to all bottle releases, storage for any bottles purchased in your very own “cellar”, specialty glassware and other merchandise, along with additional extras.
Please note, we can only legally ship to the following states: Ohio, Virginia, Kentucky, Washington D.C., Alaska, and Pennsylvania. If you don’t have a shipping address in one of the aforementioned states, you will have to schedule a pick up at least twice a year. It’s up to you or a proxy to pick up during our biannual mandatory pickups.
If you would like to be added to our membership waitlist, please email [email protected].
IMPERIAL SCOUT MEMBERSHIP DETAILS
- Price (as of 2023 signups): $350
- (18) 375ml bottles
- (6) different member-exclusive Scout releases giving everyone 3 bottles per release (included in the membership).
- Options to buy more of the members-only bottles, depending on availability.
- Exclusive first access to all current membership year bottle releases.
- First opportunity to renew membership.
- Storage for your bottles and merchandise in our cellar.
- Note: your cellar must be emptied twice during the annual membership; once in the summer and once at the end of the year. Details about emptying your cellar will be provided in a newsletter beforehand. Please expect to empty your cellar at least twice per year as requested.
- 15% off on all of our merchandise on the online store and the Jackie O’s Taproom.
- Specialty members-only glassware and sticker (automatically included in the membership).
- Your choice of a members-only merchandise product (included in the membership).
- A Scout party to celebrate our members.
- $20 coupon to be used on our online store.
- Access to our dedicated membership liaison to:
- Arrange pickups
- Schedule proxies
- Check cellar for bottle counts and any additional information inquired about Scout’s personal cellar
- Prepare orders for pick up or shipping
- Ship orders
- Answer questions
CLAIMING YOUR SCOUT BEER
- All membership transactions will be handled through our online store.
- Throughout the year, members will be asked to claim their members-only bottles online by “purchasing” free membership bottle products. This way there is an order associated with each bottle so we can ensure everyone receives their beer.
ADDITIONAL BEER SALES AND PRE-RELEASES
- Members will also have the opportunity to purchase extra members-only beer, while supplies last, and pre-purchase bottles from all of our planned releases.
- These purchases can be cellared along with the other membership beers.
- Members will be notified of allotments and whether there will be distribution of the bottles in advance of any Scout sales.
- If members-only bottles remain after the initial sale, they will be available to purchase by Scouts until they sell out.
CELLARING YOUR BEER
- Each membership includes a dedicated cellar space that can be emptied at any time with 5 days notice.
- Bottles are cellared in our warehouse. There will be a mandatory cellar clean out twice a year:
- There are no exceptions to emptying out your cellars when requested. It is mandatory that at least twice a year, your cellar is emptied. Anything left in your cellars after the provided dates will be forfeited without a refund and will be available for your fellow members to purchase.
PICKING UP YOUR BEER
- Members will coordinate with our membership liaison to arrange beer pickups or schedule a pickup through Calendly.
- A proxy is welcome to pick up your cellar for you; they do not have to be a fellow Scout to be your proxy.
- Pickups must be arranged with at least 5 days notice.
- Beer is to be picked up by a member or proxy at the location listed below unless stated otherwise:
- Jackie O’s Taproom: 25 Campbell St., Athens OH 45701
- Pickup must be made by someone 21 years of age or older with a valid ID.
SHIPPING YOUR BEER
- We are able to ship within the state of Ohio, to Virginia, Washington D.C., Alaska, Kentucky, and Pennsylvania (as of December 2021).
- Shipping fees will apply.
- Shipping costs are based on the weight of the shipment, the destination, and outside factors such as the UPS daily shipping rates. We do not control the cost of shipping.
- Monday through Friday the membership liaison will be available at [email protected]
- Newsletter emailed before all bottle releases.
- Additional newsletters to serve as reminders, alerts about upcoming dates, events, etc.
- Private Imperial Scouts Facebook group.
- Once you become an Imperial Scout, you can request to join the Facebook group. Only members are allowed in the private group.
- Do not resell bottles.
- If you’re caught reselling bottles, you will be banned from the Scouts without a refund.
- Please note that your proxy will not receive emails, newsletter, access to our private Facebook group, discounts, etc. and will only be able to pick up your pre-paid beer and/or merchandise.
- We reserve the right to send these beers to regional and national events, pop some bottles at members-only parties, and at special events in our locations.