This code of conduct applies to all Jackie O’s Brewery spaces. Anyone who violates this code of conduct may be sanctioned or expelled from these spaces at the discretion of management or leadership.
- Community: We are dedicated to using our platform and space to engage with, promote, and give back to our local communities.
- Creative: We empower our team to have fun, be innovative, and provide space for them to express themselves.
- Education: We believe in continuing education for our employees to strengthen their personal development and professional growth.
- Equality: We are committed to furthering equality for all. We strive to build an equitable space where everyone is seen, heard, valued, and empowered to succeed.
- Inclusive: We treat everyone with empathy, respect, and dignity regardless of ability or circumstance.
- Integrity: We are honest, accountable, and believe in doing the right thing.
- Resilient: We persevere.
- Sustainable: We are conscientious of the immediate and lasting impact we have on people, communities, and the planet.
Jackie O’s Brewery is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of employees, customers, or vendors in any form.
• Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, age, race, or religion.
• Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment.
• Deliberate misgendering or use of ‘dead’ or rejected names.
• Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behavior in spaces where they’re not appropriate.
• Physical contact and simulated physical contact (ex: textual descriptions like “*hug*” or “*backrub*”) without consent or after a request to stop.
• Threats of violence.
• Incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm.
• Deliberate intimidation.
• Stalking or following.
• Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes.
• Sustained disruption of discussion.
• Unwelcome sexual attention.
• Pattern of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others.
• Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease.
• Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent except as necessary to protect vulnerable people from intentional abuse.
• Publication of non-harassing private communication.
Jackie O’s Brewery prioritizes marginalized people’s safety over privileged people’s comfort.
• If you are an employee of Jackie O’s Brewery and are being harassed by a coworker, customer, or vendor please report the harassment using one of the following methods:
1. Use the WeVow reporting platform and select the admin of your choice to handle your complaint.
2. Report the incident to your direct supervisor, the Director of Human Resources, or any member of senior leadership.
• If you are a customer or vendor being harassed by a member of Jackie O’s Brewery, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact the Advocate Support Team at [email protected] If the person who is harassing you is on the team, they will recuse themselves from handling your incident. We will respond as promptly as we can.
This code of conduct applies to Jackie O’s Brewery spaces, but if you are being harassed by a member of Jackie O’s Brewery outside of our spaces, we still want to know about it. We will take all good-faith reports of harassment by Jackie O’s Brewery members, especially by the Leadership Team, seriously. This includes harassment outside of our spaces and harassment that took place at any point in time. The Advocate Support team reserves the right to exclude people from Jackie O’s Brewery spaces based on their past behavior, including behavior outside Jackie O’s Brewery spaces and behavior towards people who are not in Jackie O’s Brewery spaces.
In order to protect our team from abuse and burnout, we reserve the right to reject any report we believe to have been made in bad faith. Reports intended to silence legitimate criticism may be deleted without response.
We will respect confidentiality requests for the purpose of protecting victims of abuse. At our discretion, we may publicly name a person about whom we’ve received harassment complaints, or privately warn third parties about them, if we believe that doing so will increase the safety of Jackie O’s Brewery members or the general public. We will not name harassment victims without their affirmative consent.
Anyone asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If one engages in harassing behavior, the Advocate Support Team may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from all Jackie O’s Brewery spaces and identification of the participant as a harasser to other Jackie O’s Brewery members or the general public. Repeated or severe violations of this code can and will be addressed by our Advocate Support Team, and can lead to disciplinary actions, including termination.
Retaliation against an individual for reporting harassment or discrimination or for participating in an investigation of a claim of harassment or discrimination is a serious violation of this policy and, like harassment or discrimination itself, will be subject to disciplinary action. Acts of retaliation should be reported immediately and will be promptly investigated and addressed.
Jackie O’s Brewery encourages the prompt reporting of complaints or concerns so that rapid and constructive action can be taken before relationships become irreparably strained. Therefore, while no fixed reporting period has been established, early reporting and intervention have proven to be the most effective method of resolving actual or perceived incidents of harassment.
False and malicious complaints of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation (as opposed to complaints that, even if erroneous, are made in good faith) may be the subject of appropriate disiplinary action.