August 11th & 12th Uptown Bottle Release
We have another old school calendar page bottle sale happening at our uptown brewpub/public house location. This release will be taking place on Friday and Saturday 8/11 and 8/12. For anyone who has experienced one of these events it will be like all the others, a bunch of ridiculous taps and a hassle free relaxed bottle sale atmosphere. For those who haven’t had the pleasure of attending one of our bottle sales we invite you to join us for a great weekend full of beer and great people. Here is a run down of what happens on both Friday and Saturday.
On Friday 8/11 we will open the Taproom (25 Campbell) and the Public House (24 West Union) at 11 am. Expect close to 40 different drafts between the two locations and plenty of good food. At 4pm, we will open the Brewpub side, next to the public house, we will hand out calendar pages. These calendar pages are the tear-away/ page-a-day calendars. The pages are your spot in line, like a deli counter. January 1st is #1, January 2nd is #2. The bottle sale is the following day, Saturday 8/12 at 11am. A line always forms a few hours prior to open the Brewpub side at 4pm. Feel free to jump in line if you wish, there is absolutely no drinking in line; and, it is August, so it will be hot. Keep all this in mind. The allotments will be set Saturday morning to ensure that everyone gets a bottle and no one leaves empty handed. When the Brewpub opens at 4pm on Friday there will be some special drafts on as well. Expect lots of barrel aged beer, Berliner treatments, and some other treats. Enjoy the night and be safe.
On Saturday 8/12 we will open both uptown locations (Brewpub and Public House) at 9am. We will be pouring beers and serving breakfast. Settle in and grab some food and beer and relax with friends. At 11am we will start the bottle sale. January 1st will be called and the rest of the calendar will follow through the line. Most everything is wrapped up by 2 or 3pm. Stay the night or get back home. Be safe and be sure to visit Little Fish, Devils Kettle, and The Cider House while in town. Also don’t forget about our Taproom at 25 Campbell St. We have a large selection of merchandise, apparel, and bottles for sale.
Here are the bottles that we have for sale via the uptown/old school release:
- Cucumber Ginger Berliner Weisse: 5.2% abv mixed fermentation Berliner with cucumber and ginger added. $10/375ml bottle ~500 bottles.
- Funky South Paw: 6.5% abv Paw Paw pale ale conditioned on Brett C. for 6 months. $10/375ml bottle ~600 bottles.
- Providence Reserve: 6% abv Mixed fermentation saison aged in an oak barrel for over a year. $15/375ml bottle ~500 bottles.
- Barrel Aged Blackberry Berliner: 5.2% abv blackberry Berliner aged in an oak barrel for 1 year with mixed culture. $15/375 bottle ~500 bottles.
- Harvest Picker: 5.5% abv barrel aged wild ale with Athens county raspberries and Morganton, NC elderberries added. $15/375ml bottle, ~500 bottles.
As noted above, allotments will be decided the day of the release. It would be safe to say that 2 bottles of each per person is reasonable. It all depends on the turn out.
Book your hotels now. The OU Inn has discounted rooms if you mention “Jackie O’s.”
Should be a great weekend. Can’t wait to see everyone!