Sustainability & Partners
The act of working with the people and land around you to further community and economic stability is something that humans lost touch of in the last 50 years. We are hoping to reclaim humanities lost paths by leading through example. We can show you a number of different ways in which we have and will continue to promote this resurgence to our roots.
From the very beginning of our existence, we have been sending 95% of our spent grain off to a farmer who uses this grain to supplement the feed of the cattle that eventually find their way back to us in the form or burgers. The other 5% constitutes the main ingredient in our pizza crust, which is quickly becoming a local favorite.
Throughout the past several years, our kitchen has experienced fantastic growth by turning towards local products; Athens, Ohio, offers a very diverse array of products, from fruits and vegetables to meat, cheese, milk, honey and paw paws. We select products from our local affiliates whenever possible. Some of our local partners include:
Athens' Own, Integration Acres, Laurel Valley, Dexter Run Farms, King Family Farm, Shade River Farms, Fluff Bakery, Village Bakery, Starline Organics, The Union, Bagel Street Deli, Cantrell Honey, Sticky Petes Maple Syrup, American Elm Workshops, Woodford Reserve, Athens Fruit Guys, Pharmacy, Athens Do-IT-Yourself Homebrew Shop, Lisa's Farm, Cline Welding, Fugly, Snowville Creamery
Barrel Ridge Farm
Our newest project is Barrel Ridge Farm (well, that's the name we are kicking around…). We acquired a 20 acre farm in March of 2011 and we have been converting it to the needs of our business and community ever since. Between the brewery and the restaurant alone, we were able to utilize 20+ products throughout the summer of 2011 with a number of possibilities in the future. We have and will always continue to develop in a more sustainable manner; look for future information regarding water recirculation, solar panels, and who knows what else? Hop on over to our Barrel Ridge Farm Blog to see what we're up too!
Interested in working with us? Please stop in or contact us today!
Location: 24/22 West Union Street, Athens, OH 45701